Follow along on our 40-acre farm and sled dog kennel - tiny cabin and outhouse-living, in rural northern lower Michigan. We're not fancy...just folksy...and giving God all the GLORY.

Peek Behind the Scenes

P.O. Box 903
Mancelona, MI 49659

SNAIL MAIL WELCOME ~ we love to hear from you!


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Postscript to Handwritten Sorrow

Unfortunately, this Amish family isn't done fighting for their children's health.


Their younger pre-teen son became ill during the time
Yost left this earthly place to go to his Heavenly Home.

Headaches and vomiting led to a diagnosis of a brain tumor.

So, within weeks of saying goodbye to Yost, his younger brother "A" faced surgery.

Even with surgery, the future is unknown for this brave and stoic young boy.

That was this past winter.


Tomorrow, I'm hitting the road.



With my friend Amy at the wheel.
Happy birthday Amy...thank you for celebrating your day with me.
 
Heading for Amish country. 



We'll be stopping by the Amish farm to say hello. 




I hope I can mirror the faith and wisdom they have regarding their son's passing.

And the battle that stands before them with their ill son.

I so strive for their perfect faith. 

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:28



 Until tomorrow, God willing.











5 comments:

OurCrazyFarm said...

Such sad news. This young boy {and you as you travel, Sherry} will be in my prayers. What glorious rewards God must have in store for this family! This world certainly is not our home. The pain of this world only makes God's children long for Him all the more.

Dicky Bird said...

Nice pictures. Sad situation. I know something about faith...my youngest daughter had bladder cancer at 11. FAITH is what keeps you going. She is now 17 and healthy. I had many people say some dumb things to me while our family lived thru this. However, a family friend (he is FULL of faith) said to me..."God must really trust your family...you know like Job." So OurCrazyFarm you have it right, what rewards must be in store. It is at times like this one NEEDS to hold on to JESUS for everything! Blessings and prayers from Wisconsin!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Terri at Our Crazy Farm and Dicky Bird (both from WI)...you both have me in tears, overwhelmed by your perfect faith. You have both lived through this...Terri, it just dawned on me that yesterday was 5 months since sweet Trent went home to be with Jesus. Dicky Bird ~ praise God your daughter is healthy. Yes, we must walk so close to Jesus every moment of every day, until He returns again.

Mary Ann said...

I'll remember this young boy, "A" in my prayers.

Dicky Bird said...

Sherry, I had to go back to this post. I needed to remember when it was I first read about Trent. I'm so thankful that you were a follower to my blog first and that I linked to you and this post. I've been reading Terri's book - so moving and ordained. I had to go back and see what the date was that I first learned of this. Thank you for leading me to this story. Thru you, you will never know how much I've been blessed! Blessings from Wisconsin.