Follow along on our 40-acre farm and sled dog kennel - tiny cabin and outhouse-living, in rural northern lower Michigan. We're not fancy...just folksy...and giving God all the GLORY.

Peek Behind the Scenes

P.O. Box 903
Mancelona, MI 49659

SNAIL MAIL WELCOME ~ we love to hear from you!


Monday, March 12, 2012

How do you share Jesus? (Book contest)

Have you heard?

Only 2% of Christians share Jesus with other folks.
Are you one of those 2%?

Or are you like most folks.  
Content to sit it out, and be a part of the 98%...


I try to be bold.
To step out into the light.


But sometimes I get pushed back.
With fear...
{rejection...}

With the inability to find the right words...
{are there any wrong words when speaking of Jesus?}


But I keep striving...
to share the love and joy of knowing my Savior...



For I know the cost is so great.

John 14:6 tells us so:
“I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me."

So, dear friends, how does your Savior lead you?

I'd love to hear.  

Anyone who leaves a comment will enter a contest to win
a copy of the inspiring new book 
"How My Savior Leads Me" 
written by Terri from Our Crazy Farm.


I will take comments until March 20th.  

Thank you, 
and 
I'm looking forward to reading about your walk with the Lord.

Sherry

8 comments:

Melanie S said...

Actually I share personally about Jesus when there is an opening with someone after I get to know them....for example, finding out a an acquaintance was Jewish and into New Age, I shared with her my past, how dangerous that can be and how I came back to the Lord. I also share with people who need encouragement, but honestly, I have had very little success...feel like all I am is a seed planter, I don't see the harvest very often. I do share You Tube clips on my Facebook page, and do things like forward your blog or other inspirational things when I feel like someone might be open to it. We cannot really be the Holy Spirit to people, we can only say or do what He leads us. Timing can be everything, and if we "strive" re talking about the Lord,acting in our flesh rather than being led by His spirit... I think often it just pushes people further away.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Wow Melanie ~ you nailed it. Your comment is a Blog in itself. THANK YOU for your comment. You are officially entered!

Melanie S said...

Glad to hear I am officially entered but disappointed when I came back to the blog today and didn't see other comments. Would love to hear others comments on this subject, hope some of your readers will comment. Since I get your blog via email, I don't normally see comments but really wanted to see comments on your post re how folks share Jesus.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

There was some "computer problem issues" with the Blog, which resulted in me changing the Blog completely. I'm going to re-post, as I don't think many folks could even get to it. I couldn't! :) Thanks for checking in Melanie!

ramodeborah said...

God has helped me through the lose od my daughter and husband I have to try to live with the lose

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Ramodeborah ~ thank you for posting. I will enter you in the contest. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I would start to follow Terri's Blog, if you haven't already. She is an inspiration to many.

Anna said...

I try to share Jesus not only by telling others about him but by living a quiet and virtuous life, by loving others without condition and helping others when they need it.
I can't always find the words to share Jesus through conversation but I can share him everyday through the way I live, talk and act. :)

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

We have a winner. I took the names (of folks who were actually entering) from this Blog post and the "Do-Over" post and had a drawing. Lana (from the Do-Over post) was the winner. That being said, I appreciate your comments more than you know. I hope we can continue to share the love of Jesus in any way possible. Blessings to you.