Tuesday, May 1, 2012

There's a New Kid in Town

Finally...


Mama...Cocoa...gave birth.

On the last day of April, it happened.

And of course it happened when we were at a nearby town getting our monthly supplies.

What a treat to pull in our long drive and see her peeking out of her small barn/chicken coop, 
with a wobbly newborn by her side.

Her tiny perfect baby (yet unnamed) has a light brown body, 
and looks like she was dipped up past her belly in chocolate!  
Four dark brown legs, 
a dark brown stripe running down her back, 
and around the top of her head.  

She's the softest fur baby I've ever touched.  

Both are doing well.  
And today, with the sun peeking out, they took to "heading out" 
and enjoying some sunshine just outside the door, 
with Mama keeping the curious chickens at bay.  

Photo from last summer...

As I awaited the birth, 
watching Mama bag up and looking so ready to deliver, 
it reminded me of our Lord.


   I had no idea when she would actually be born, 
just as I don't know when Jesus will return.

It is just one more reminder of what a sovereign God we have...
and how good it feels to trust Him for all our needs.  

Thank you Abba, Father, for your goodness...each and every day.

Until next time dear friends, God willing.

Sherry


6 comments:

Mrs.C said...

I haven't stopped in for some time now. I'm always glad when I do, love seeing what' going on up in your neck of the woods. Such a lovely place! That new baby sure is cute!

Kerin said...

Whoo hoo!
Happy news that she had her baby, and all is well.

I'll be reading to see what the new baby will be named :)

IanH said...

Man, that is a great photo. Can't wait to see the baby pictures. I assume you will be taking lots, i hope.

jean said...

What a great photo of Cocoa! Can't wait to see the new baby.

Marmee's Pantry said...

She's so pretty. I'm sure her kid(s) will be pretty, too.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you everyone! I finally figured out how to hoist some photos to our local library. Didn't work entirely, but at least I got some to share. :)