P.O. Box 903
Mancelona, MI 49659

SNAIL MAIL WELCOME ~ we love to hear from you!
No Internet...no fancy phone.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Needing Inspiration Today?

This may fit the bill...

You will want to turn off the soothing music on Playlist - to your right.

That is why, for Christ’s sake, 
I delight in weaknesses, 
in insults,
in hardships, 
in persecutions, 
in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
 2nd Corinthians 12:10

Folks, this scripture speaks volumes to me.  
For the last week, I've felt and endured each of the above.  
Weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties.  
I can take weakness, and even hardships or difficulties,
but insults and persecutions cut me at the knees.  
Not so much for the hurt and pain of my flesh, 
but because I can't defend my Savior the way I so deeply desire.  
I feel like I'm fighting with a dull butter knife, instead of a sharp sword.  
The only way I know to get better at defending my God 
is to bury myself deeply into scripture.   
His word, His soothing promises.  
I hope someday I can shine the light of Christ Jesus 
to all who question His existence and final plan.  
Until then, I will abide in Him, and read His word.



Until tomorrow, abiding in Him, God willing.

2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

I remember seeing this on T.V. Thanks for posting this today. What an inspirational story! I know from personal experiences, I've been "broken" many times - only God can mend and heal the broken. Blessings from Wiscosnin!

goatldi said...

Amen.