P.O. Box 903
Mancelona, MI 49659

SNAIL MAIL WELCOME ~ we love to hear from you!
No Internet...no fancy phone.


Saturday, August 11, 2012

Amish Hospitality

It's been nearly two weeks, since I stepped into the world of the Amish.


This time, I was invited to attend their church service.


I can't write about it yet.  

It's still too sacred, too raw.

Too spiritual.


But soon, I will share the treasured time.  

It is truly one of the most blessed days I have ever spent in my life.

I felt...
at home.

Until then, God willing.

To Him be the Glory ~

Sherry

6 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

One of my most favorite outings. Always brings such feelings of peace. Will look forward to your post. Love the photos! -Tammy

Melanie said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about it! :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Sherry, I look forward to reading about your experience. But if you decide to never share it with us, I can totally understand and respect that because there are some things that are just too sacred and special.

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I'm impressed by the clothes line. I haven't had one in years, and I doubt my shoulder could take using one now. But the fragrance of clothes thus dried cannot be matched. Thanks for sharing that you were blessed by the service.

Shelley said...

I too would love to one day worship among the Amish....I think I would feel the way as you are describing....can't wait to read more....blessings

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you everyone...I'm still thinking about how to get my thoughts down on "paper". Another blessing came from this day...I received a letter from one of the women I met while in their church. I treasure the new friendship that is budding. I can't wait to attend again...soon.