Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Day at the Office

Today is an anniversary. 

One year ago, on this day, I left an office job. 

Retired with the State of Michigan.

Upon doing so, I have experienced a freedom unlike any other.

And now, my "day at the office" is like this...

Meeting Russ at the bonfire before our dogsledding tour guests arrive.



The trail to my daily job, on our 40 acres.



My very hardworking cohorts.



Job satisfaction.



And daily perseverance.



Not only do I recognize and celebrate my anniversary of freedom,
but tomorrow,
on New Year's Day,
I celebrate 9 years being married to my best friend.


Happy Anniversary Russ

None of us on this 40 acres could imagine a life without you.



Happy 2012, dear friends.  God willing.

9 comments:

Edgar said...

What a wonderful post, Sherry! It has been six months since I walked out of small business America and started defining myself by something other than what I "did" All I can say is it's such a blessing. I may not have steady pay these days, but I do have a home that is paid for, a couple of crazy dogs and lots of time to pray, dream and be. The way I figure I'm the richest man on earth! Have a happy & blessed 2012 my friend.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Happy Anniversary Russ and Sherry!

Gorges Smythe said...

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year. Great post!

Amy said...

Happy anniversary! BTW, I LOVE your new office!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest of anniversaries - on both accounts! Those are some pretty awesome working conditions! ;o) Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with peace, joy, and blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations, Sherry! I always wondered! I have 32 weeks of indenture left, and then I am free to stay home and live life on my own time, not someone else's. This last week off has impressed on me that this is what I'm meant for at this point in my life (and after 30 years of working multiple jobs!)

kare said...

Nice office..although mine will have a Saquaro Cactus in the middle of it.. if we get our wish.
Could a person go sledding on sand dunes i wonder? It looks so exhilerating!
Happy New Year in the 'Cubicle' of your wilderness world.

Grace said...

Congratulations x 2.

Razzberry Corner said...

Happy 2012 to you, too! What a wonderful life! Happy Anniversary!!

~Lynn