Friday, December 23, 2011

Our New Wheels (...er... Sled!)

 Daisy, Daisy...

(Let's all sing...)

But you'll look sweet up on the seat
Of a dog sled that's built for two~!

It's done!


Russ made a new sled!

And it's built for two!


 Earlier this week,
Russ came up to the Wee House and showed me the completed sled,
while I was there, working in my "office".

He let it slide down the drive by our Wee House, showing me its "glide".





Notice the drag brake on the rear?

Well, recycling Russ used an old swing from a school yard swing set.




Russ loves to maneuver a sled.




The horses were snorting, flying about, stomping.

Those of you who know Raz, know that nothing ever gets him excited.

But the sound of the new runners obviously did.



So Russ dragged the new sled up to show him.

And his buddy Nauish.

Our black Mustang.



But first, we took a good look at our new mode of transportation.



I'll be at the front.



Russ will take up the rear.



A trip to town is in order.

It's been 3 weeks since I've stepped foot off our "40"... and oh, how I have loved it.



But first, we just need to...



...hook up the dogs!!


Note:  This photo was not taken this winter.


Until tomorrow, dear friends.  God willing.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Love your new sled. I'm sure you'll have many great adventures on it. Merry Christmas.

Dicky Bird said...

That is one nice looking sled. Russ is so talented. I'm sure you will have many fun rides on there. Merry Christmas.

OurCrazyFarm said...

The boys and I (and Rob) hovered around the computer screen this morning "oohing" and "aahing" at the new sled, and the beautiful pictures! Great job Russ!

Cole just put some finishing touches on a "sled" of his own, so was comparing models:)) You've greatly encouraged one young man to puruse a new hobby!

(((but the cats run in fear now whenever they see those kids open the door:)))

kare said...

"Just give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around":))

Beautiful Rig there, a work of Art!

Looking forward to the Pictures from your adventure Off the 40!
& Thanks for coming to my blog!

Merry Christmas!

Gorges Smythe said...

Nice-looking sled. Hope you have a nice Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Grace ~ thank you~! Yes, new adventures surely await. Dicky B ~ Thank you, I shared your comment with Russ too~! Terri at OCF ~ Russ had a laugh once again with your comments about the cats on alert! Thank you for the "Russ" kudos...:) We can't wait to see what Cole comes up with ~ he's going to be hooked for sure once he gets a ride with Maggie! KARE ~ Thank you so much. Your kind comment was met with a smile by Russ. GORGES ~ Thank you dear sir. Happy New Year to you and yours!!