Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Racing the Darkness

Every evening, we relish the light.


We fill our time with whoever needs us the most.

Sometimes it's the pigs, sometimes the cows, or chickens, or... 

But tonight, it was a double header.

First, a team of sled dogs, hooked up to run.
And then, Russ heads down the same trail on his horse, Raz.  



What's entertaining is the two that are left behind. 
I swear they were doing figure 8's, full bore, with flying lead changes. 



Another late night of firing up the grill. 


We wouldn't want it any other way.

2 comments:

Kathy in KY said...

Sherry, your horses are beautiful. I find I am more intuned with the weather and light changes to darkness now that I have to be aware of lighting lamps when I move. And earlier this evening I watched a storm roll in from my livingroom looking out on the balcony. We really need the rain, and it wasn't much to amount to anything, but was nice to watch. Am looking forward to sharing what goes on once I move, the changing of the seasons, and the night sounds, and the reaction of my 5 cats to being let outside to roam at will. I like the shot of the one horse running, it looks like he's completely off of the ground - spectacular. Thanks for sharing. Take care up there in MI, from down here in KY.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Kathy ~ I can't wait to hear about your new adventure. Your "pump" is "primed" for the step back to a simpler way of life. Thank you for the kind words. :)