Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Evening Angst

It's been with me my entire adult life.



That feeling.  That angst.



That feeling I would get on Sunday afternoon...

It would persist throughout the day and into the night. 




It signaled a change.



Apprehension.



Depression.



Knowing I would have to leave my home on Monday morning.



And begin a whirlwind week, away from those I love, during the daylight hours.



But that's all changed now, due to my retirement. 

The feeling is gone. 

Gone.



And the sense of freedom has filled me with joy.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4








2 comments:

Sue said...

The horses look as though they are enjoying themselves immensely. Hope you're feeling the same.
When my hubby retired, everyone said he'd be so bored, the days would seem endless........
Well, he appears to be having the time of his life...I hope you enjoy your retirement as well!

Anonymous said...

i was hoping there was an answer to dealing with 'sunday evening angst' at the end of this post, but i'm about 30 years from retirement :(