Thursday, January 27, 2011

3 in 30

It's true.

I've only left the long driveway that connects the outside world
to our 40 acres a total of 3 times in 30 days. 

Upon coming home from my last day at the office on 12/29/10,
I've found little reason to leave since my retirement. 

But 3 times, I was drawn away from home.

1.  To get our new dog, Rory.




2. To head to the Kalkaska Winterfest sled dog race as a spectator.
(To see old friends, such as Taylor Brehmer from Abrams, WI, along with new friends.)







3. To do a load (1) of laundry. (One is enough when you don't go anywhere.)
 

What...you say?

That sounds like drudgery, looking out your Wee House door, day after day.
 


The truth is...I've never experienced more freedom in my entire life.



I am directed daily by Him. 

And He provides for me. 
For us.

Sure, we work harder than ever.  But it's wonderful feeling grounded to the earth. 
So grounded, I'm beginning to walk like a farmer. 
So close to the earth, I hate to lift my feet.



Will I always stick close?

Perhaps. 
My bliss is home. 
No reason to leave.
I have a heavy dose of God's glory all around me.


"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
(Psalm 19:1-4; Psalm 97:6)






No comments: