Sunday, October 16, 2011

Heading to the Island (Again)

October and May for me = Win-Some Women

I've been attending for over 13 years, and look forward to every trip.
And each trip is different, depending on who God chooses I attend with...

It's hard to believe that just a year ago, 
I was traveling with friend and fellow homesteader,  




to the beautiful 
Mackinac Island
and staying at the


Arriving by carriage.



If you haven't been to Michigan's Mackinac Island,
pronounced Mack-in-nawww
the real treat is,
there are no vehicles.



 Only horses. 
And bikes.
My version of heaven...

You'll need to turn down the soothing music on Playlist, to your right.


And if you liked that, check out this 1944 clip~!


I can't wait to ride the amazing Shepler ferry


this coming week
and once again step foot,  
back in time.



And...more importantly,
see how the Holy Spirit will be working within the Win-Some Women gathering.

 And to see "J" again...and his smiling face and Jesus-filled heart!


It's always amazing to watch it unfold,
and feel our Heavenly Father at work within the hearts of many


...sometimes even before you even take your first step.


Until then dear friends, God willing.

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a beautiful place....I've had the pleasure of going there twice, but both many years ago....Would so love to see it again. Enjoy - and safe travels....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mary Ann said...

Your pictures are so beautiful, Sherry, and that's a place I would love to go someday.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the Island, either early in the spring, or late in the fall...when folks are few and the beauty is so prevalent. I hope you both get to experience the Island. This retreat is the perfect way to do so...perhaps next spring?

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful post. You really have a way with words and pictures...I want to go to Michigan now to visit this place!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Lana, from FLL... You wouldn't regret a trip to Michigan, I can guarantee you that...~:)

Joanna Jenkins said...

What a beautiful, happy place. I've never been and appreciate the tour.
Cheers, jj

goatldi said...

Spirit filled magic! I would love to attend someday.