Friday, April 15, 2011

Mustang Morning

We're in that "tween" time.

Where we work with the sled dogs...in large play yards.



To the beginning of summer, filled with all things horse.



This morning, the temps were just above the freezing mark, with gusty winds.



Gloved hands, and new steel-toed boots helped to keep the cold at bay for young Jordan.



But truthfully, when with horses, all else seems distant except for the joy of connecting.



Hands on.



Hearts on.



Horses bring a sense of peace and beauty.



And admiration.



I think the horses feel it too.



Our horses love the hand that guides them.



Daily.


Until tomorrow, God willing.


8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sherry, your blog makes my heart sing.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you for the kind words Mary Ann. Don't you just love visiting other Blogs? Such simple joy...~:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful... I too have been enchanted with horses since I was a young girl... My dream horse's await!
Thanks for this lovely entry...
Deb

Michelle said...

Horses make such connections with people. They are wonderful therapy for special needs students as well.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Deborah Jean and FC...for your kind words, and wisdom. It is exciting as we head closer to our goal of exclusive horse travel.

marcia said...

Beautiful photosand words! We have two Haflingers..they bring us immense joy.

happy day!

Mrs.C said...

I'm excited to learn of your blog. I saw where you are a new follower, and followed you here to your blog. My youngest is going to fall in love w/ your horse pictures. She is like me, in love w/ horses, we just don't have a place for one now. Her dream, someday, a place so she can have her horse or horses. I had one as a teen, and would love to once again be a horse owner. Working towards our goal. AND I love what you all say at the top of your blog, God sufficient! amen to that!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Mrs. C. ~ you'll see lots of equine activity this summer. Our goal is to be 100% horse power. :)