Friday, April 29, 2011

An Ordinary Boy

Imagine...
 
A 12-year old that is happy to be without TV,
a fancy phone, video games and other gizmos.

A boy who loves the woods.


Outdoors more than in...and enjoying the gift of observation and tracking.



Listening to his mentor.



A boy who knows the sheer exhilaration of freedom.



Free from society's demands and distractions.



Loving the land, the animals, the farm, and all it teaches.



It's an awesome ride.



One journey we are willing to partake.




6 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh us too! Once spring comes we practically live outdoors :-)

Anonymous said...

He's a very blessed boy to have you and your husband as examples! And I'm sure you're equally blessed watching his enthusiasm for what you have to share :-) He looks like a very sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

This is the way it should always be!
What a blessed boy he is :)

But alas, the world does infiltrate and the balance must be found.

Mine, enjoy it all...I praise My Lord for that :)

Mrs. M.

Michelle said...

Wonderful to see him enjoying nature and a quiet life. As soon as we came home from school today my son was off to the creek....and I was glad to see him "want" to go.

Sherri B. said...

This post has truly touched my heart..thank you.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh, how I love to hear other boys (and girls) are "unplugged". It is so, so important. It will also lure them back into reading, if they lost their way. (And not on a Kindle.) In a book, that can be read under a tree, or in a tent with a flashlight. We have a rule at our place...no electronics past our gate. (Although I get to break that rule with my old computer, stationed in my Wee House.) Perhaps someday, that will also be gone...but until then, thank you for your comments ladies!