Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Hatchling


Born (er...hatched) last Sunday afternoon. 


This little one is already turning color...


And Mama doesn't let her get a foot from her side.

The Wee Farm is a battlefield of crows, Blue jays, rabbits, and goats, 
which cause Mama to be protective.


I love the all-day-long happy chirping ~ heard within my Wee House walls, as the pair search for grub.

The hen house is now back to normal.



No more nest sitting.



And the proud Papa, our Java rooster, Mr. Jitters, has a new spring in his step.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I had chickens....Lucky you! :)

goatldi said...

Way too cute! "Mr. Jitters"? He looks pretty stable to me. I do love my chickens and will be adding to the flock this winter with a few chicks.

Looks like summer is coming to lovely end on the 40.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Karen ~ Just a couple chickens would give Jose a fresh omelet every day. :) Someday...

Goatldi ~ I hear you on the chickens. I do love my Buff O's. They are the best Mama's. But this Java chicken is interesting. I may get a couple more. We currently have Buff O's, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Isa Browns, Barred Rocks, Black Australorps, and more. Actually, Mr. Jitters reminds me of the B.A. ~ also has a hint of green.

Thanks for the comments Ladies.