Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Noon Whistle

I love our small town.


And the slow life it brings...to Russ and I.


For us, time isn't set by the usual standards. 
(Read about our reluctance to change our clocks...click above.)


We just try and take each day in stride, like our farm friend's, Pat and Deb.


But one thing we can count on as a marker of time is...


The Noon Whistle.


No matter what we are doing, we stop...reflect...
and know the world is right where it should be...



Being close to nature and God's creatures.



Until tomorrow ~ God willing,



2 comments:

Kathy in KY said...

I'm from a town that is pretty big, I guess by most standards. But when I was out playing in the summer, I knew it was time to head home for lunch when the noon whistle sounded. I remember hearing it as I played in the fields and creeks that surrounded our neighborhood. You brought back some good memories. thanks - take care,from KY.

Unknown said...

I am with you on that one. We live in the mountains between Hwy. 101 and the Pacific Hwy. 1

It is a small area and is about 10 miles north of a small town of Ukiah roughly 15,000.

Across the down the hill and across the highway is a lumber mill that blows the noon whistle.

Gotta love it!