Saturday, May 14, 2011

On your MARK Saturdays

It was a week ago, when I featured a young man, Jared, available for adoption.

It was a plea for Mother's...on behalf of the looming Mother's Day.

But lately, I've been thinking...

Why not post this weekly?

So, Saturdays will now become...

On your MARK Saturdays.

Be sure and turn down the soothing music on Playlist so you can hear Adam's plea for a family to call his own.

Making Adoptive Resources Known.

Each Saturday, a new boy will be featured.

These young men are so special.  So unique.  So desiring of a family.

It is my hope that someone will be called to the challenge,
and accept them into their hearts and home.

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for,
forgotten by everybody,
I think that is a much greater hunger,
a much greater poverty
than the person who has nothing to eat."

Mother Teresa

For click HERE for more information about Adam.







4 comments:

Mikey said...

I love that you're doing this. It breaks my heart to see kids like this in need. I wish I could take them all home. I wish there was more I could do.

mountain mama said...

thanks for posting this. our hearts our defenitely for adopting one day...maybe after we get settles again! :)

God bless~

OurCrazyFarm said...

Oh Sherry~ you know my weak spot:)) A farm, forty acres, room for more children...... I'll keep praying for Rob's clear calling again. My sister recently adopted 3 older children (one of whom I get the privelege of having overnight for a sleepover tonight) to make 6 kids in her family (4 by adoption). There have certainly been challenges, but many blessings as well. Thanks for posting about this great need!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Mikey, Mountain Mama and Terri from Our Crazy Farm ~ you can tell the calling for adoption tugs at all our hearts. Jared, the boy I featured last week, still lingers on my mind. No, you can't save them all, but just one perhaps. Terri ~ kudos to your sister also, and to you and Rob...your giving ways on earth will earn you many treasures in Heaven.