Friday, November 9, 2018

Cabin Living


This was my driveway last winter, turning back into the woods.


I lived in the Bear's Den cabin.


No electric.  
No running water.
Only an outhouse.
And I loved it.


Rustic.


But tonight...as I sit 40 miles north,
 in my comfy heated domain (my Mother's home), 
I am once again homesick.

The snow has officially arrived.  
Sure, it snowed earlier this fall. 
But tonight has the feel of a storm.
Snow is falling.
Winds are slamming the sliding glass doors. 
Although oddly, I feel no change in my circumstances.  
I have bare feet.  No cold here.

If I were back at the cabin, 
on my land, 
I would feel connected to the storm.  
A part of it.

Here, I am only a spectator.  
And that saddens me.  

But tomorrow I will visit, Lord willing.  


And once again be a participant.  
With socks on...and warm boots.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing.  Hope to see you here.
Sherry




2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

I understand that, but don't know how you did it...you must be one tough bird

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Dicky Bird ~ no...not tough. But I've found that when you use all your senses...touch/smell/taste/hearing/sight...you feel truly alive. And living in a fashion where you head out to the outhouse in the middle of the night...well, that makes one come alive in a hurry. Or at least wake up!