Monday, November 5, 2018

Farewell to Facebook...forever


Yep, it's time.
I'm going back to old-school.


Sure, I'll miss my Facebook birthdays.  

And I'll miss all of my *friends* that I have met over the years.  
{I hope you follow me here...}

But, bottom line, we serve an awesome God.  
And if God wants a person in my life, it will happen, 
without the assistance of Social Media.  
This I know.


After writing about it over the years...
Here...and here...and well, you get my drift.
It's time.

To every thing there is a season...  See Ecclesiastes 3...HERE.

So my world just got a little smaller.  But the quiet beauty remains.


But it's all good.  

So here I'll be, Lord willing.

Abiding...

And there's no looking back.


Like the song we sung yesterday (me with teary blurry eyes due to emotion) 
during worship at my small country Mennonite church ~

Wherever He may guide me, no want shall turn me back.
My Shepherd is beside me, and nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh, His sight is never dim.
He knows the way He taketh, and I will walk with Him.
Taken from the Church Hymnal, Hymn 384 "In Heavenly Love Abiding" 2nd verse.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing...hope to see you then.
Sherry


4 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

truthfully, I only put my business stuff on there - it's all too much! Glad you're back

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Dicky Bird! It's always good to see your name...and your nest with the beautiful blue eggs.

Allison Mosley said...

Life is more full when we are not attached to a device. Just yesterday I pondered how much I could have accomplished if I hadn’t been using my tablet. I am so grateful you were on Facebook and we “met”. I love your posts and your blog. I wish you much love and peace. And thank you for sharing one y very favorite hymns. God Bless You!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

God bless you also Allison. When I pulled my FB data (to keep a record). One thing I noticed...you have always been there. Always supportive. A "Barnabas" of sorts. One of my friends called me that and it's a wonderful compliment. Thank you for always being there, and I'm glad we are connecting on a "smaller" level. ♥