Saturday, November 3, 2018

City Chick...a-Dee


I never realized I would have a hard sell in the city.  

Last winter, nestled deep in the woods, my birds appreciated me.  
Upon walking in, they would greet me with songs and calls.  
Then, without an invitation, they would land on my head.
I would tell them to wait...but I always had a smile while doing so.
They were my buddies...one of my simple daily joys.


And now, as winter is approaching, it has been decided I will stay in the city, assisting family.

In the city on the bay.


But there's a slight problem.

Although the deer in the city are tame(ish).


The Chickadee's...not so much.


So starts the hard sell.  

I've been trying to win them over for the last couple months.  

I hope they become like my other feathered friends, who live deep in the woods.  

I would venture out of the cabin in the morning and upon my head they would perch.  

One time I drove 1/2 mile away and got out of the truck, and upon my head they landed.  

Sometimes they would sit on the wiper blade, waiting for me to exit the truck, peeking in.

But the city ones?  So far, I've only had one land on my hand.

Now if only I could get the turkey's to show up also.  


Life in the city would get a little better. 

Until tomorrow, Lord willing...

Sherry

P.S.  I hope my feathered friends in the woods, 40 miles south, will not think I abandoned them this winter.  Who knows, perhaps they will find me if they fly north.  I can only dream.  

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Chicades are so sweet.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

I agree Mary. And I would love to see your beautiful bird photos in a Blog setting. Might be something to consider...