Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Woods are Calling

I've got wanderlust. 
I want to go deeper into the woods. 
Into "our 40"...


It happens every couple months. 

I tell Russ we need to close up the "main cabin",

 and go live in one of the other, smaller cabins ~ sans electricity or running water.



The smaller the better.


Life is so simple without the many distractions, encumbrances.


I long for simple days.


It doesn't have to be flashy.


Beauty for me, is simple.


But now, we have a winter wrap of snow. 


And dog teams grace our trails.


So I'll just have to stay on the trail.


And endure the hard winter a tad longer.


Until the warmth of the soil has us all squealing in delight.

Until tomorrow ~ God willing,

Woodswoman

2 comments:

BB said...

What a gorgeous place you live in... I too love simple beauty. Although I do confess to liking electricity. And internet connection. And photoshop. Heh.

That leaf photo is a ripper.
:-)
BB

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Bush Babe ~ :)

I enjoy your site also...very clever. Amazing photos.